Prologue: Guess Pete Domenici’s: A. running in ’08, no doubt; B. a little worried about ’08, most probably; C. Not quite as irrelevant as some thought/think; D. Perhaps still ticked off about the immigration bill and the lameness of the duck who was supposedly gonna get it over the hump….
Don’t you loathe those lazy columnists who write simple laundry list columns of non-sequitur points & questions instead of anything resembling a coherent point?
Well bring on the loathing people, because we’re taking a short break from writing 1500 word incoherent essays here to meekly construct a list of questions for which we’d like to have answers. Burque Babble readers, all X of them (where X = a really small number your humble blogster is embarrassed to even type), are encouraged to respond with answers if you have them, or even if you don’t and just want to start ranting about something. In other words, I write little and do almost nothing, then you guys come through with the actual work/answers.
What a plan! And now the questions:
- Who is currently planning on running against Teresa Cordova for Bernalillo County Commissioner District 2 in 2008?
- How many sportswriters currently have a finished, yet unpublished, story waiting on their computers with the tentative headline “Yanks fire Torre, Girardi Possible Replacement”?
- Was the dramatically lower number of gun firings during last night’s July 4th Explosofest down here in the South Valley the result of me criticizing and making fun of these idiots? Or did the rain have something to do with it? Or did Rio Grande HS science teachers do a better job of explaining gravity this year? Or did revelers just decide to stop shooting in the air and start firing at people in nearby cars instead?
- Which of the following will occur first: George W. Bush will leave the office of President or the Abq Journal will change their “sports guys invade dude’s home during breakfast” video ad prior to allowing deadbeat non-payers access to their “premium content”?
- Speaking of W leaving office….which number will eventually be higher: the number of impeachment posts on Daily Kos or the number of “the real estate market is really hot in Burque” posts on Duke City Fix?
- If Mayor Marty is successful in moving some or all of the Barelas/downtown homeless shelters, to which part of town will/should they move? May I suggest Hoffmantown Shopping Center or the Outpost Ice Arena in the far Northeast Heights?
- Anybody want to guess an outcome regarding this year’s job performance review for APS Superintendent Beth Everitt? Did you know she’s making $183,740 a year? Neither did I.
- What are the chances your humble blogger will follow through with his plan to participate in this year’s Duke City Half Marathon in October? How about the chances he finishes? Finishes without having a heart attack or other life-ending injury?
- Getting back to the Teresa Cordova question above, did anybody attend the Democratic Party July 4th shindig? Did I miss anything? Were Independent or Green saboteurs shot on sight, or still given free hotdogs?
I’ve got other questions, but they get even stupider than those listed above. Meanwhile, I better get jogging. At my current running pace I would finish this October’s Duke City 1/2 marathon right about the time G.W. Bush is scheduled to leave office.